ICU is an international non-governmental organisation recognized by the European Commission and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which carries out development cooperation projects in many countries and promotes information and education initiatives on issues of international solidarity.
ICU in partnership with CESVI, will implement the project “Al SAHA: Improving health services and psychosocial support for girls and boys in Libya” as part of an emergency program funded by AICS to support paediatric services in Libya.
Focal Point will perform a series of issues related to ICU program in South Libya such as coordinating with the local stakeholders, mobilizing the community, managing monitoring process and the data collection from the field, coordinating field work. She/he also reports every two weeks to the Liasion officer and maintains work relations with stakeholders.
Place of Work:
Kufrah – Libya.
Type & Duration of Contract
Full time position for one year with a three-month probationary period.
In the framework of ICU programme in South Libya, under the general guidance of the ICU Country Director and ICU Project Manager, the overall supervision of the Liaison Officer and the direct supervision of Local Coordinator, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support in collecting data & identifying the vulnerable beneficiaries, trainees and local CSO’s.
- Supporting the implementation of activities and training.
- Lead on the announcement of activities and public events.
- Support the community mapping and conflict assessment activities.
- Gathering and managing the data collection from the field.
- Facilitating meeting with local CSO’s, youth networks and other actors.
- Facilitate icebreakers, energizers and structured trainings.
- Participate effectively in internal coordination meetings.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the ICU Coordinators.
- Provide logistic support for beneficiaries, trainers, trainees and consortium staff when needed.
- Develop a weekly plan for Kufrah activities along with ICU coordinators.
- Preparing field report to the Local Coordinator every week.
- Document the activities by photos and notes.
- Deliver reports at the end of each activity with recommendations.
- Facilitate roundtable discussions with participants in ICU trainings and hospitals staff for the review and validation of the trainings content.
- Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained with regard to confidential information.
- Establish and maintain respectful and effective relations with the medical staff, local stakeholders and target communities.
Bachelor’s degree in social or Political Science or related field from an accredited university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 year of experience working in the humanitarian or development sector, of which at least 1 year involves health and capacity building programs.
- Have experience of field supervision
- Experience in communicating and working with local stakeholders and Kufrah community including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Appropriate field experiences, with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
-Fluency in Arabic is required.
-Good knowledge of English is preferable.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in a politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for a supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relates to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to the mail account: email@example.com . In the e-mail subject line please write “Focal Point – Kufrah” and your name. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for applications is 08 May 2023. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.