Languages: Italian, French and English, minimum fluent level C1
Start of appointment: first quarter 2023
ICU is an International Non-Governmental Organization recognized by the European Commission and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, implementing development cooperation projects in developing countries and fostering information and education on international solidarity issues.
The/the candidate/a will have the responsibility to increase the presence and the effectiveness of the work of the ICU in Tunisia and Libya, carrying out useful projects and consistent with the mission of the institution.
Preferential title: experience in the role of Head of Mission for other cooperation NGOs, for at least 3 years.
- – To manage relations with the main institutional and private donors, and their representatives in the country, to understand funding trends and influence their strategies
- – To manage relations with partners in the country, ensuring the correct implementation of ongoing projects and consolidating future collaborations.
- – To build fruitful relationships with new partners, local and international NGOs, and institutions to develop new partnerships
- – To coordinate and develop the design, writing and presentation of new projects.
- – To achieve financial autonomy of the ICU mission in the country, to ensure the sustainability of the offices and staff on site and contribute to the financial sustainability of the ICU staff at headquarters;
- – To monitor the effectiveness of ongoing projects in the interest of beneficiaries, donors and ICU.
- – To supervise the preparation of the interim and final reports of the Project Managers, who remain solely responsible for the activities and progress of the different projects.
- – To coordinate the visibility and communication of ICU activities in the country
- – To efficiently organize and manage international and local staff, reducing turnover, improving the quality of work and the level of satisfaction etc.
- – To participate in the selection process of the expatriate personnel to be employed in the country, in support of the headquarters.
- – To efficient organise and manage the office, logistics and available material resources
How to apply
Click on the “Apply for the position” button at the bottom of the page, attaching the following documents in PDF format:
- CV updated (PDF) in English or Italian or French, renamed “Head of Mission Tunisia – First Name Last Name_CV”;
- Motivation Letter (PDF) or Italian or French or English, covering at least the following topics: prior knowledge of ICU or its staff, personal and professional experience useful and valued for this position especially with regard to the basic requirements, expected monthly salary (specify if net/gross), date of first availability. Rename the file “Head of Mission Tunisia – First Name Last Name_Motivation Letter“;
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted