Duration of assignment: 6 months (with possibility of extensions)
Contract type: Full-time
Duty station: Tunisia (for Libya)
WORK CONTEXT DESCRIPTION:
ICU is an International Non-Governmental Organization recognized by the European Commission and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, implementing development cooperation projects in developing countries and fostering information and education on international solidarity issues.
In particular, under the AICS emergency programme, ICU implemented the following actions in Libya:
a) Improving access to basic health services and specialised protection services for the resilience of the most vulnerable populations, AID 12031 (AICS Emergency, Libya 2021 – 2022).
b) Emergency support to migrants and host communities in Janzour and Gharyan areas, AID 11242 (AICS Emergency, Libya 2018-2019).
ICU, in consortium with CESVI, will be implementing the project “Al Saha: Improving health services and psychosocial support for children in Libya”, in the framework of an emergency programme funded by AICS to support pediatric services in Libya.
The candidate will be responsible for managing the AL SAHA project, 15 months of total duration, implemented in Libya within the pediatric departments of Al Kufra and Sebha hospitals.
The project aims to improve access to health, protection and psychosocial services for children, including children with disabilities, by strengthening local management and health capacities.
EDUCATION LEVEL, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum degree required: Master’s degree or equivalent five-year degree. Master degree in: social sciences, political sciences, cooperation and international relations is desirable.
- Language skills: fluency in English is required, working knowledge of Italian is an asset, basic knowledge of Arabic is desirable, working knowledge of French is an asset.
- Years of work experience: a minimum of 3 years of experience in managing international cooperation projects and/or humanitarian aid; in the MENA area, with a focus on health, energy and WASH will be desirable.
- Leadership and coordination skills, result orientation
- Ability to communicate.
- Planning and organization skills, time management.
- Knowledge of AICS project management and reporting procedures is desirable.
It would be an advantage: previous experience in Libya; experience in development projects on health services, protection and psychosocial care for children, including children with disabilities and strengthening local management and health capacities.
- Supervising the implementation of the project in all its phases, ensuring its timely execution in line with the donor’s requirements;
- Management of ordinary contacts with operational and institutional stakeholders involved, in agreement with the Libya ICU Programme Coordinator, including participation in institutional meetings with the donor, working groups and coordination meetings with relevant stakeholders for the project;
- Timely budget management and continuous (remote) supervision of on-site activities and accountability for transparency;
- Monitoring the progress of activities to ensure compliance with deadlines, budget limits and the achievement of indicators. Ensure timely delivery of project narrative reports and supervision of the preparation of financial statements for the donor;
- Revision of the terms of the project proposal in order to determine the timing, financial limitations, procedures for achieving the objectives, staff characteristics and allocation of available resources in the various phases of the project;
- Supervision, in coordination with the administrative manager, that the procurement procedures are in line with the donor institution’s requirements;
- Regular meetings with project staff for clarifications and updates, assigning tasks and responsibilities, outlining the work plan of the activities;
- Supervision of the formulation of project management documents and regular transmission to the ICU headquarters in Rome: operational planning and updates, planning of transfers of funds, progress of activities and related expenditure, interim and final reports and respective statements in accordance with donor procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on “Apply for the position” button here below and upload the following documents in PDF format:
- CV updated (PDF) in English and named as follows “Project Manager Libya – First Name Last Name_CV”;
- Motivation letter (PDF) in English where at least the following topics are dealt with: any prior knowledge of the ICU or its collaborators, how your personal and professional experience can be useful and valued for this position especially with regard to the basic requirements, monthly salary expected (specify if net/gross), date of first availability. Please name the file as follows: “Project Manager Libya – First Name Last Name_Motivation Letter”.
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.