Place: Nabeul, Tunisia.
Languages: French, minimum fluent level C1
Good knowledge of Italian is preferable
The Nabeul Ville Verte project has as main donor the European Commission with a budget of 7M Euro. The project contributes to improving the quality of life of Tunisian citizens by facilitating the implementation of effective, affordable and reproducible initiatives for climate change mitigation and adaptation. More specifically, the project accompanies the transition of the Municipality of Nabeul to a greener and more resilient city, through the implementation of the Municipal Action Plan for Access to Sustainable Energy and Climate (PAAEDC) and the promotion of an integrated approach between local actors and public private partnership (PPP), with a leverage effect and a driving effect on other cities in the country. The strategy of action of the project is based both on the construction of infrastructure components of the PAAEDC (e.g. Center for Sorting and Waste Recovery, Public Lighting through renewable energy..etc) that have an economic return, as they are more likely to attract private investment more easily during the project, and on technical and awareness-raising accompanying actions. The project includes the acquisition of equipment and services for a total of over 5.5 M euro.
Institutional partners are the Municipality of Nabeul and the Higher Institute of Technological Studies of Nabeul (ISETN).
Description of tasks and requirements
The correct and efficient implementation of the project requires the Project Manager:
- – knowledge and use of EU procedures, PRAG and EU contracts
- – strengthening the relationship with donors and institutional and operational partners
- – a strong organisational and research and coordination capacity of the local ICU project staff, and the activities implemented by the partners
- – a constant presence in the country and regular supervision of activities
- – the direct responsibility for achieving the expected results of the donor within the envisaged period and without overexpenditure
- – the ability to make tenders for large purchases independently
- – a high degree of reliability, autonomy and common sense
- – the preparation of periodic and final reports for project donors and ICU
- – Reporting and budget management through the EUCI online accounting system
- – experience in project management, full-time availability and driving licences
These are basic requirements:
- – the ability to effectively accompany the Joint Nabeul partner in the search for co-financing
- – the ability to evaluate investments, understand a business plan, carry out economic and feasibility analyses
- – a for-profit attitude (the “no profit rule” does not apply to this project)
- – preferable experience in the ClimaMed program.
How to apply:
Please send to: email@example.com a SINGLE PDF document containing:
- CV updated in Italian or French
- Motivation letter (in Italian or French) where at least the following topics are dealt with: any prior knowledge of the ICU or its collaborators, how your personal and professional experience can be useful and valued for this position especially with regard to the basic requirements, monthly salary expected (specify if net/gross), date of first availability.
The object of the email must be “NVV – application NAME SURNAME”.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.