Zahle, October 5th, 2016 ICU, in collaboration with the construction company selected through tender, has completed on July the works scheduled for the rehabilitation of the Sed El Boushrieh school, within the project “Support for schools of Wadi Al Arayesh and Ain Kfarzabad (Zahle) to ensure a fair access to quality education on the part of the students victim of the Syrian crisis “, funded by the Italian Cooperation.
The Lebanese Ministry of Education has checked and approved the results and signed a letter of completion delivery.
In detail, the works were the following:
1. 610 m2 of waterproofed roof
2. 1100 m2 of waterproofed exterior walls
3. 3000 m2 repainted interior walls
4. 100 benches repaired
5. 4 doors and locks repaired and repainted 18 doors replaced6.
6 toilets replaced and 4 washbasins repaired
7. 70 m2 of surface renovated in bathrooms
8. 16 taps replaced
9. 1 gate repainted
10. 1 250 kW boiler purchased and installed
11. 47 desks and chairs for kindergartens purchased and distributed
The school of Ain Kfarzabad is a mixed public school located within the Bekaa Valley in the middle of the agricultural area. Attending students have from 4 to 16 years and, for the school year 2015-2016, they were 174, of which 55 Lebanese and 119 Syrians.
At the start of the new school year, an opening ceremony was held at the presence of the head of the program of the Italian Cooperation. On this occasion, the director and the professors were involved in general discussion over the utility of the program, and the children had the opportunity to celebrate the event.