JOB CONTEXT DESCRIPTION:
ICU is an international non-governmental organization recognized by the European Commission and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which carries out development cooperation projects in the countries of the South of the world and promotes information and education initiatives on issues of international solidarity.
In particular, as part of the AICS emergency programmes, the ICU has carried out the following interventions in Libya:
a) Improve access to basic health services and specialised protection services for the resilience of the most vulnerable populations, AID 12031 (AICS Emergency, Libya 2021 – 2022).
b) Emergency support to migrants and host communities in Janzour and Gharyan areas, AID 11242 (AICS Emergency, Libya 2018-2019).
The ICU, in partnership with CESVI, will implement the project “AL SAHA: Improving health services and psychosocial support for girls and boys in Libya” as part of an emergency program funded by AICS to support pediatric services in Libya.
Type of contract: Full-time
Place of work: Libia, Sebha
- • Behind the instructions of the Project Manager and in support of the Liaison Officer, coordinates and manages the project activities on site;
- • Responsible for supervising and reporting on the activities of ICU and the local project partner;
- • Acts as project representative at Libyan level with local and national authorities and supports the Liaison Officer in political and institutional meetings with Libyan authorities;
- • Encourages the creation of positive working relationships with health facilities, the local project partner the CSOs involved in the initiative, including the organisation of regular formal and informal meetings for the advancement of activities;
- • Support in sourcing project materials and items, including working with project technical staff to define needs and oversee the purchasing process;
- • In collaboration with the Project Manager and Administrator based in Tunisia, supervises the correct financial execution and monitors the on-site project expenses for reporting;
- • Carry out regular monitoring visits in project areas to supervise the implementation of activities and ensure the visibility of the project and donor with beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- • Supports in the administrative, accounting and logistics management of the project on site;
- • Supports the Local Coordinator in the coordination, monitoring and execution of project activities, collaborating in the daily management of activities on the ground thanks to the good overall knowledge of the intervention areas;
- • Ensures good management of the use of means of transport used in the mission of land
- • Performs the purchasing activities at the request of the Project Manager (revises the technical specifications for the purchase of goods, carries out market surveys, draws up currency reports..)
- Monitor inventory management and procurement; supports the Administrator in inventory organization and purchasing planning and maintains contacts with local service providers;
- • Available to accompany project staff during missions on the areas of intervention.
Titles, skills and experience:
- Minimum degree required: Bachelor’s degree. A degree in social sciences, political science, cooperation and international relations will be given preferential status.
- Knowledge of languages: excellent command of Arabic and English, basic knowledge of Italian and/or French is a plus.
- Degree of experience: at least 2 years of experience in implementing development and/or humanitarian aid projects with other NGOs, as well as experience in accounting and financial management, supply chain management and procurement.
- Communication skills, time management, quality and result orientation, teamwork
- Computer skills: excellent command of the office package (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
How to apply
Click on the “Apply for the position” button at the bottom of the page, attaching the following documents in PDF format:
Updated CV (PDF) in English, renamed “Local Officer Lybia – First Name Last Name_CV”;
Explanatory letter (PDF) in English, covering at least the following topics: any prior knowledge of ICU or its staff, how your personal and professional experience can be useful and valued for this position especially with regard to the basic requirements, monthly salary expected (specify if net/gross), date of first availability. Rename the file “Local Officer Lybia Agro – First Name Last Name_Motivation Letter”;
It is anticipated that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.