ICU – Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria is a Non-Governmental Organisation that operates in several countries in the South of the world and aims at fostering the human and social development of less industrialised countries through international cooperation programmes with a focus on education and the promotion of human dignity.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the promotion of efficient water use in rural areas of Tunisia and Jordan in order to adapt and improve resilience to the water-related impacts of climate change. Specifically, it aims at improving the technical, institutional and market environment that supports the adoption and dissemination of innovative solutions leading to efficient water use in agricultural irrigation, in the governorate of Nabeul in Tunisia and the governorate of Balque, Karak and Mafraq in Jordan
Destination: Jordan – Amman
Expected tasks of the project leader
- Overall supervision and coordination of the project activities in order to ensure that the objectives are achieved on time and within the expected parameters;
- Coordination of local project stakeholders and management of the timetable;
- Management of the project budget and administrative procedures according to EU and ICU procedures;
- Accounting and financial management of the project: recording of expenses, planning, on-site transfers, responsibility for on-site bank accounts related to the project, guidance and control of procurement procedures of project partners, accounting reporting both internally and to the donor;
- Interim and final narrative and financial reporting according to internal and donor rules; finalisation of all project management documentation and regular reporting both internally and to the donor;
- Management of the co-financing component of the project and co-ordination with other affiliated projects;
- Preparation of dissemination material related to project implementation.
- Need assessment and elaboration of new project proposals agreed with the NGO’s Italian office.
Titles and competences
- Qualification: university degree. A diploma in international cooperation and agronomy will be an asset;
- Degree of experience in the field: at least 8 years of experience as a project manager in the field of international cooperation. Project management in the agronomy sector will be an asset;
- Experience in administrative and financial management;
- Experience and familiarity with European PRAG procedures will be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language;
- Strong organisational skills and professional independence;
Diplomatic and negotiating skills;
HOW TO APPLY:
Cliccare sul tasto “Candidati per la posizione” e caricare i seguenti documenti in formato PDF:
- 1) CV updated (PDF) in English and named as follows “Project Manager Jordan – First Name Last Name_CV”;
- 2) Motivation letter (PDF) in English where at least the following topics are dealt with: any prior knowledge of the ICU or its collaborators, how your personal and professional experience can be useful and valued for this position especially with regard to the basic requirements, monthly salary expected (specify if net/gross), date of first availability. Please name the file as follows: “Project Manager Jordan – First Name Last Name_Motivation Letter”
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.