1) The project’s aim is the recovery of the olive oil sector in Southern Lebanon through the support to 10 agricultural cooperatives. The beneficiary cooperatives belong to the villages of Taybe, Tebnin, Srifa, Cana, Dower, Yohmor, Zawtar, Sawane G., Rmeich and Deir Aamess; they all were heavily affected by the 2006 war.
– rehabilitation of the cooperative of Cana damaged during the last war and extension of the original building including a new generator room. Building work at the cooperatives of Tebnin, Srifa and Taybe, preparation of the room hosting the olive mill (walls, hydraulic and electrical system, tiles, painting, etc);
– rehabilitation of the laboratory for the analyses at Khiyam;
– purchase and installation of olive mills, pneumatic machines for harvesting and pruning, of generators, plastic boxes, pesticides, net for olive harvesting, publication and distribution of 8,000 technical brochures;
– organization of 40 training sessions, 80 on-field technical visits, 20 sessions on olive oil analysis, 12 sessions on the preparation and conservation of “olives de table” for the members of the 10 beneficiary cooperatives.
– service centres of 4 cooperatives rehabilitated;
– equipment supply for the olive oil analysis completed;
– equipment supply for harvesting and pruning completed;
– training and technical assistance realised;
– distribution of the plastic boxes and net for olive harvesting completed.